Network Attorney Signup
- Portal Home
We are pleased that you are interested in becoming a Network Attorney for Save Money Divorce. Please complete the form, and once approved, you will receive a confirmation email, with your login information, and some guides to help you get started.
Terms And Conditions
This Agreement is by and between Save Money Divorce, LLC, a Georgia Limited Liability Company ('SMD') and Network Attorney ('You'), a licensed Georgia attorney.
No Risk to Join SMD as a Network Attorney:
- There is no fee or financial obligation to join or to continue affiliation with SMD.
- You may terminate your affiliation at any time for any reason.
- You may decline any consultation and have no obligation to represent any SMD member outside any consultation you agree to conduct.
- SMD will pay you $75.00 for each initial consultation of an SMD Paying Member. (SMD does not pay for any consultation of a Courtesy Member.) This fixed sum will be credited to your account as soon as you certify the initial consultation is complete.
- You may edit your profile and discount information at any time.
- Your affiliation will be kept strictly confidential. Only our members have access to our list of Network Attorneys.
- During any consultation, you will of course have the opportunity to offer any member additional legal services (e.g. a flat fee to complete an uncontested divorce or a standard engagement to file or defend a contested action at your discounted hourly rate).
- You are a licensed member of the State Bar of Georgia with no disciplinary history. You have a minimum of two (2) years experience in domestic litigation or are otherwise competent to handle divorce cases with experience preparing child support worksheets.
- You will honor all representations on SMD's website. You will calculate your minimum 10% discount based on a fair average of your hourly rate charged on all divorce cases over the past two (2) years and will not inflate your rate or defeat the discount value unfairly.
- Initial consultations must be a minimum of one hour in cumulative time and can be either over the phone, in your office, or both based on the member's preference.
- You will promptly respond to any initial consultation request, which you can either accept or decline.
- If accepted, you will immediately contact the member and promptly set the consultation. Once scheduled, you will keep the appointment unless changed by the member.
- During the consultation, you will represent the member for the limited purposes of a consultation only.
- For an uncontested consultation, you will prepare any child support worksheet, review the member's settlement documents, and answer any legal questions.
- For a contested consultation, you will estimate total costs, discuss ways to minimize legal expense (e.g. pre-filing settlement offer / early mediation), and answer any legal questions. If requested, you will provide a 'draft' or 'estimated' child support worksheet.
- You may fairly account for communication time in advance of the consultation.
- If the member needs more than an hour for the initial consultation, you may charge the member your discounted hourly rate until the consultation is complete.
- If you are requested to consult a member who has already had his or her initial consultation, you will charge the member any published 'additional consultation' fee, if you choose to agree to the consultation.
Engagement for Additional Legal Services, if any:
- If an agreement is reached with an SMD member for additional legal services, the engagement must be in writing, customary to your practice, and honor your published discount at either the time of selection for consultation or engagement as best benefits the member.
- You must collect all fees for additional legal services directly from the member.
- There is no attorney / client relationship with SMD. You strictly represent the member.
- SMD is the owner of the website savemoneydivorce.com and all content. All content is proprietary and may only be used by SMD members and you as the member's attorney.
- SMD may terminate your affiliation with SMD at any time for any reason.
- This represents the entire and complete agreement between you and SMD.